Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Pain in the Ne... errrr Shoulder

So I've had a couple of people ask me what's wrong based on a facebook post I made about being in pain. My wife is taking a bath and I don't feel like going in the computer room so here it is....

Occasionally I like to be crazy. I enjoy doing odd things that make my wife look at me thinking "Why the f*** did I marry him?". Well this time was no different. For about two weeks I kept picking up one of our cats and holding him high in the air with my right hand until he would scratch me to death at which point I'd let him go. So this went on for about two weeks before the incident.

What incident you may ask? So one day I realized when I tried to reach behind me and scratch my back it was painful. I then noticed stretching out or above my head would have the same affect. It is extremely excruciating when I reach behind to grab something, so yeah, I don't do that anymore.

After about two months I decided to see my doctor. I thought it was a torn muscle or something so I didn't worry too much. Anyhow, he moved my arm around and attempted to recreate the pain. Didn't take long and he told me I had inflammation in my right shoulder and that I'd need therapy to resolve it. He also told me if left untreated it could turn into frozen shoulder. I don't know what that is, but it's apparently much worse.

He prescribed me 15mg of Meloxicam and told me they'd be in touch about the therapy. That paperwork came today.

I haven't decided what to do yet, but I have a full time job so I'm not so sure this therapy thing will work.

Okay, thanks for reading...

-me

No comments:

About Me

My photo
There are (3) separate blogs here: Software, Firefox Addons, and my personal blog. Feel free to stick around and comment.